Comedy moment at work...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Yesterday whilst having a telephone conversation with my wife about a Rat we have got living in the garden, which so far has evaded death by trapping, and is now being lured within range of my late father in Law's trusty old Webley Vulcan .22 air rifle with currant bun as bait.

I inadvertantly due to a faulty prestle went live across the division with...

Me: " Yes, I saw him coming up the garden, I took aim and fired, but I missed and he ran away"

Mrs M: (unheard by the operator) "will it kill him then, or will it just wound him?"

Me: "Oh yes, had I been a better shot it would have killed him outright".

I got an urgent call from the control room asking me if I was OK, followed by an amusing telephone conversation , during which I explained I was detailing to my wife how I was attempting to exterminate our unwelcome visitor, and not as they had supposed blowing away some baddie I had encountered.

Mr Pig

Reminds me of:

Old woman calls the police to report a man lurking in her garden. Police say that they are very busy and will be there in forty minutes.

Woman calls back five minutes later and tells the operator that there is no need for the police to hurry as she's killed the man! Five minutes later armed police are at her door!

Finding no trace of the dead man in the garden a police officer says "I thought you said you'd killed a man in your garden?" The old woman replies "I thought you said the quickest you could get here was forty minutes?"

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Airwaves, huh?

Piles of sh1t when wet.

I got a right bollocking for telling a chav to (and I quote) 'wind yer f****** neck in or you'll be having beef madras for breakfast in an unfamiliar bed'

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Trouble with airwaves is it either works or it doesn't, no inbetween, and as for P2P Once a colleague called me and was less than complimentary in his opening bantering comments, unforunately for him he was overheard by everyone on the talkgroup :rolleyes:

Top Bottom