Comfortable Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim77

My bike came fitted with a 'Fizik Nisene Bad Boy' saddle, and i am finding it quite uncomfortable.

Is it a case of just getting used to it,or has anyone else found a problem with this saddle?

I tend to jut ride for enjoyment after work and tend to go for 30-45 min short rides rather than anything too hard core.

Brock

I don't know the saddle in question, but they're a very personal thing anyway. Have you tried adjusting it slightly? A few millimeters forward or back can make a huge difference to comfort. You should be supported by your sit bones, with no pressure anywhere else.
It might be just that you need to get used to it, are you new to cycling or just this saddle?
Worst case is that the saddle just doesn't suit you and you'll never find comfort on it, in which case you'll need to choose another.

giant man

Very arse is different, and every saddle is different. And every relationship between someone's arse and a specific saddle is different.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
giant man said:
Very arse is different, and every saddle is different. And every relationship between someone's arse and a specific saddle is different.
True.
But you know the answer is Brooks... make the saddle shape to your arse...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Fab Foodie said:
True.
But you know the answer is Brooks... make the saddle shape to your arse...

Not my experience ! :biggrin: So dissapointed as the Books B17 saddle looks great but it is the most uncomfortable thing I have sat on and I did persist for 1000 miles.

For me the spec toupe 143 was like a breath of fresh air and soooooooo
comfortable. :biggrin:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Both myself and Mrs A have had issues with Fizik saddles. Following the good advice of several posters, I bit the bullet and bought a Specialized Toupe, and it is the most comfy thing next to my old armchair. Only last weekend, Mrs A bought a similar womens' version, and she loves it.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
I used to ride a Nisene, found it too squidgy for me. Moved onto the Gobi and Arione which are much comfier. So don't rule out all Fizik Saddles, some might work for you.

Lone Rider

My bike came with a gel saddle that I was happy with for shorter rides. However, anything over 20 miles became uncomfortable.

Six months ago I bought a Brooks B17. Initially it is a very hard saddle and takes time to wear in. After a couple of months I found that 40 or 50 mile trips were not a problem as the saddle felt more comortable over longer distances.

Now I don't even notice it. It's not exactly like sitting on the sofa at home, but it makes longer rides more enjoyable.

DLB

i have a brooks b17 on my hybrid and it is comfortable most of the time.

On my road bike i have a spec. avantar saddle and it's very comfortable. I had my backside measured at LBS and found i needed the widest of the 3 sizes.

Neither saddles are perfect but both are very good normally

Top Bottom