Compression tights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

A few rugby playing pals have been trying to convince me to try these. they seem to love them as do the cycling press. The boys train and recover with them. Not sure Id want to ride in them like, but may be a good idea for the recovery.

Just wondered who uses them and what do you think. Ive been told skins are the only ones to have but they re not cheap at £60 a throw anybody tried any of the cheaper brands are they any good?

Noodley

I bought a pair of skins recovery tights earlier this year for wearing after longer/harder rides and they have worked well.

I forgot to put them on a couple of times and really noticed the difference the next day when I had sore dull legs.

I am just back on my bike after a few weeks off, and will be going back to spin class this week, and I'll make sure I put them on afterwards....

Noodley

lukesdad said:
How long do you wear them for Noodley?

Mmmmm good question.

Due to recurring illness this year I have not done much since March/April so it's been a while since I have worn them, and didn't do too many long/hard rides this year.

I suppose it depends how long or hard the ride has been. They are very comfortable and after the initial strange feeling of having the tightness on the foot/ankle you don't really notice them. I have kept them on overnight a few times, but usually stick them on after a ride and keep them on til I go to bed.

Actually, after a few weeks off the bike I might start wearing them as 'tummy control' tights :biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
I found they helped when I did a 7 day stage race on the mtb. The leg soreness seemed to be reduced. I don't use them all the time, but after a particularly hard ride/run I will put them on or if I want to do two hard rides back to back. I tend to sleep in mine.

Top Bottom