Computer playing up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fifelad

Veteran
Computer is displaing ok but not recording miles as wheel goes round it has done it before and righted itself eventually; magnet is in the right place ie a few mm from the transmitter; seams to do it after a wash for some reason even though actual display is showing no signs of condensation etc any suggestions??

D

Deleted member 1258

Which computer is it? Look for water getting between the computer and it mounting, you could try taking the computer off and wiping the underside of it and the mounting paying special attention to the contacts.

Maz

Guru
Computer is displaing ok but not recording miles as wheel goes round it has done it before and righted itself eventually; magnet is in the right place ie a few mm from the transmitter; seams to do it after a wash for some reason even though actual display is showing no signs of condensation etc any suggestions??
You totally threw me.
I thought you were on about a desktop PC or laptop.

tyred

Legendary Member
Which computer is it? Look for water getting between the computer and it mounting, you could try taking the computer off and wiping the underside of it and the mounting paying special attention to the contacts.
+1

This does seem to be the source of the problem. I ended up having to cable tie one of mine down to the mountings to make it work reliably. How it became loose in the mounting is beyond me as I never remove it.

D

Deleted member 1258

+1

This does seem to be the source of the problem. I ended up having to cable tie one of mine down to the mountings to make it work reliably. How it became loose in the mounting is beyond me as I never remove it.

I always keep mine wrapped in cling film held in place with an elastic band to keep the rain out.

Top Bottom