Computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinh50

What’s the options for cycle computers. Wanting speed, distance, cadence, power. Thinking i can use my iPhone for maps, gps etc.
new Apple Watch looks useful but very pricey.
Tx. Martin.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pretty much 2 main contenders Garmin and wahoo , anything with power meter capability should have Maps and routing too

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Big question.

DC Rainmaker is your man for the detailed reviews, but I’d also lob the Hammerhead Karoo 2 into the mix. The Karoo 3 is supposed to be announced soon so the 2 is being heavily discounted.

But it’s a big question.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Personally, if you think you'll use mapping, get a garmin that does that. Keeps the phone tucked away out of harms way, and depending on the phone, some phone's cameras won't like the vibration from bar mounting . The dedicated computers are tougher, and don't gobble battery as quick as a phone using GPS.

Alex321

Veteran
What’s the options for cycle computers. Wanting speed, distance, cadence, power. Thinking i can use my iPhone for maps, gps etc.
new Apple Watch looks useful but very pricey.
Tx. Martin.

Any bike computer that can connect to power and cadence sensors will have GPS and mapping.

As said above, Wahoo and Garmin are the to big names, but Karoo and Bryton are also worth considering.

A lot depends on your budget (as always). Personally, I have the Wahoo Elemnt Roam, and am very happy with it, but haven't tried any of the other brands to compare. That is the V1, available for £169, the V2 has been out for a good few months now, but is over £300 everywhere.

Top Bottom