Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
On the 20th march I was knocked off my bike , suffered cracked ribs , broken collarbone which required titanium plate and 10 pins .
I also suffered concussion, from smacking my head on the tarmac, after my shoulder took initial impact.

My head was the first to recover sooooo

The most frightening thing was how resilient my bonce was ! I hit the deck felt woozy knew exactly what my injuries were and managed to leg it to the side of the road !

I reckon theyre worth wearing but have learnt after the event and still only when im caning it on the road !

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Get well soon
I was temped to take mine helmet off this afternoon as it was so hot, but I didn't well you never know

Tyke

When I got hit by a van pulling out of a junction without stopping on Saturday afternoon my life was not saved by my helmet but it did hold the camera which filmed it and also the driver taking the blame and admitting they never saw me but as luck had it I only got a few bumps and the bike is OK so I wont take it any further.

Licramite

Über Member
I'm still looking for a woolly hat that passes the snell test - I'm sure if I get a thick enough one it will , bit like those rasterfarian ones but filled with polstyrene beads.

my last off't, my helmet survived wonderfully , me not so good, cracked a few bones, lot of gravel rash. - but at £50 a throw I'm inclined not to let it hit the ground.

I'm still looking for a woolly hat that passes the snell test - I'm sure if I get a thick enough one it will , bit like those rasterfarian ones but filled with polstyrene beads.

my last off't, my helmet survived wonderfully , me not so good, cracked a few bones, lot of gravel rash. - but at £50 a throw I'm inclined not to let it hit the ground.

:laugh:

martint235

Dog on a bike
When I cycled head first into the back of a dumper truck umpteen odd years ago I didn't have anything on my head. I died. I'm now just here to haunt you all.

I do feel a snazzy woollen hat may have soaked some of the blood up though.

tyred

Legendary Member

You need one with a pompom on top to provide extra cushioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom