Condor Conundrum: Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mistral

Guru
Have £1000 to spend through Cycle Scheme
Can’t decide between Condor Heritage & Fratello – I like the steel forks & canti brakes on the Heritage
I can get a Heritage in the sale for a £300 discount, only thing, it’s sporting a really naff 2007 decal set with “London” in big letters down the seat tube - yuk.
So I can get the same bike for £300 less, but I can’t decied if I can live with the graphics, am I mad?
Also should I go for the Campag or Shimano version?

£300 is a big discount and hard to ignore. I'd say to hell with the decals and it has the canti's that you want for touring.

Do you get the choice of campy and shimano even on the discounted model? Which groupset? I'd say this is a personal choice really, unless one manufacturer is much higher in the range than the other. Campy can have an annoying loud freehub tick, but for me the biggest difference is the feel of the hoods.

That's my 2 cents. I'll let the experts comment now

Tollers

mistral said:
Have £1000 to spend through Cycle Scheme
Can’t decide between Condor Heritage & Fratello – I like the steel forks & canti brakes on the Heritage
I can get a Heritage in the sale for a £300 discount, only thing, it’s sporting a really naff 2007 decal set with “London” in big letters down the seat tube - yuk.
So I can get the same bike for £300 less, but I can’t decied if I can live with the graphics, am I mad?
Also should I go for the Campag or Shimano version?

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Not that I'm an expert -hehe but with the savings you could get the frame re-sprayed if you really wanted to! Is it really that bad?

I think Shimano/Campag again is down to personal preference and would second Tollers comments above- the campag hub is bloody loud!!

BigSteev

You could a) have it resprayed, :biggrin: chuck a different sticker over it or c) be proud of it. I love that my Condors have London written on them.

Oh, the loud ticking on the Campag hub is just a reminder that you're slacking when you're supposed to be pedalling :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mistral

mistral

Guru
Thanks for the input.

After much deliberation, finally made a decision and got fixed up with a Condor Cadet. It’s a forerunner of the Heritage decked out with Campag Mirage. Not as sporty or as stylish as the Fratello, but will bring me into the modern age!

It was in the sale, and I’m getting it through Cycle Scheme, my company will pay the VAT, so the final cost to me is ridiculously cheap.

Tynan

Veteran
I too rather like the London decals on my fratello

what's the pros of steel forks over carbon?

Fratellos are sporty? I thought there were slightly relaxed for road bikes

Congrats Mistral. I hope the cyclescheme paperwork will be speedy and you can get on the new bike soon. Looking forward to the pics.

dirkfrangipan

Hi Mistral, new to the world of forums let alone this forum! Anyhow, do you have any pictures? I'm curious as I've just bought a cadet but curious to know what it looks like built up.

Top Bottom