Confused need advice on BB30 options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Just checked and they are 84mm length

Not long enough then.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Honestly you're better off getting a cheap chainset for a square taper (or getting a replacement chainring (£6) for the current one) and sticking with the current BB. I can understand you wanting to use the FSA chainset 'because you've got it' but this is to set up a turbo bike, after all. If you like a challenge and spending money: crack on.

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Honestly you're better off getting a cheap chainset for a square taper (or getting a replacement chainring (£6) for the current one) and sticking with the current BB. I can understand you wanting to use the FSA chainset 'because you've got it' but this is to set up a turbo bike, after all. If you like a challenge and spending money: crack on.
I have just got hold of a 105 crankset for £30 175 cranks and non compact chainrings which will do for the time being. Already have a Shimano BB sat in my spares box so will just go this route.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200621-133751_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200621-133751_eBay.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 2

Gunk

Guru

This is the best advice, it’s really not worth all the fart arsing around. A good used square taper crankset is not that expensive,

Top Bottom