Contacting Altura?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I tried contacting them a couple of years ago to get some replacement bits for my panniers using the link you've given but drew a blank. Cycle shops that stocked their stuff frequently reported a very difficult organisation to deal with. Zyro are only the distributor. One cycle shop said they had the Zyro rep coming shortly and would ask them to assist me. However I never heard anything. It’s a pity as I think Altura do good stuff for the price. But you're stuck if you need any customer service above and beyond which a cycle shop can provide. Personally I haven't bought Altura stuff for a few years now so the situation might have changed.

jimboalee

If you are having trouble with a product you bought at a LBS, and the product is within warranty ( < 12 months since purchase date ), its the LBS responsibility.
If the product is out of warranty, the only course of action is to contact the manufacturer, or attempt a repair/fix yourself.

Good luck.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Further to this.
The story is that I was given an Altura Crosslite jacket for Xmas, 2.5 years ago and it split within the warranty period of 1 year. Evans eventually replaced it after saying that they had tried to send it back to Altura but had had no response. The replacement's zips failed 14 months later so Evans reckoned they had done their bit and I agreed in that they had replaced it once already at their cost so I thought I would go direct to Altura/Zyro. They were very dismissive and told me to go to Evans again or Trading Standards. I persevered and told them that their reputation for customer relations was rock bottom on here and I could see why.
Lo and behold they emailed me back and asked me to send the product back for assessment (which is all I wanted) and yesterday phoned to say they would send me a new one.
It's worrth keeping nagging sometimes.
A £90 jacket only lasting a year, twice, though is not a great advert for their quality.

Danny

Legendary Member
Well done on getting a response from Altura. When the zip on my son's 18 month old Nightrider jacket broke, I couldn't find anyone to even contact (guess I should have posted here)

jimboalee is correct to say that the first port of call for any problem should be the shop where you bought the product, but as my LBS seemed to have the same problem as Evans in getting Altura to resolve any problems, I took pity on them an decided to get the jacket repaired at a local mending service, which cost me £20.

I will be wary of buying an Altura product again until they improve their quality and customer service.

Top Bottom