Continental grand sport tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Was swithering over this tyre replacement but not for me but for my Son,probably too late as it was only 20 pairs per dealer. Anyhoo my experience of the Ultra Sports before was not great, be ok for his bike tho!

@MrGrumpy I used to run on Ultra Sports and I concur with you that the experiance wasn't a positive one, the gatorskins on the other hand I cant really fault, I cant perform to such an extent I push them beyond there limits, and 3 flats in 5,500 miles and still a good bit of rubber on them, well the front anyway the back needs changing, and the flats were 2 pinch punctures and a failed patch.

DWiggy

Über Member
Just had to swap out my front gatorskin as worn out put an ultra sport on and have had 3 punctures in the last week alone!!!, utter cr@p, now waiting on a replacement gatorskin....hurry up Wiggle!

line71

I just had these swapped yesterday (continental grand sport race) with the old tyre amnesty swap,they are 25mm folding and im selling the pair for around 30 pounds as im not keen on the width or being folding tyres

bpsmith

Veteran
My LBS has not even managed to secure any yet. Major over subscription it seems, and hence the lack of dealers now on the above official page. The events listed only have a 100 pairs available, so not everyone will be able to take advantage.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My LBS got the details of the deal wrong and it was indeed these tyres . Just fitted mine this evening . Given that my gators have been on a year and im saving a fair bit of weight by swapping them over im happy :thumbsup:
I swapped them for some giant sr4's ^_^

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive had these on for a few miles now and am loving them compared to my gatorskins . I may even put a set on the defy when the armadillos fall apart .

Top Bottom