Contour GPS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Is it the Contour GPS camera that you can display a speedo in the camera view, or is it a different one?

Thanks in advance...

The Contour GPS and Plus embed GPS information in the video, that is you cannot see it.
You need to buy software such as Dashware to use this information and display it in the video you are producing as a speedo.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
You can do it with any of the contour cameras but with some of them you will need an external gps device such as a garmin

BSRU

A Human Being
The advantage of having it built in with the camera is that is no messing around try to synch it up, assuming you start recording after getting GPS lock, as I found out the first time I tried it.

OP
OP
cloggsy

cloggsy

Boardmanist
The advantage of having it built in with the camera is that is no messing around try to synch it up, assuming you start recording after getting GPS lock, as I found out the first time I tried it.

I take it that it is fairly obvious that you have GPS lock with the Contour GPS?

BSRU

A Human Being
I take it that it is fairly obvious that you have GPS lock with the Contour GPS?

Basically yes with a little no.

The light flashing indicating it is trying to get lock stops flashing and goes solid.
Not much good when you've already put your helmet on but it is very quick to lock and now I just assume it is locked by the time I actually cycle off.
Important to remember to synchronise the camera with Contour's Storyteller software at least every fortnight as it updates the satellite tracking information file, which speeds up the GPS acquisition time quite considerably.
Contour are looking into an idea of mine to have an audible beep to indicate lock has been acquired.

Top Bottom