Contour Roam2 advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Hi peeps,
Just bough the above and have been testing out at home (my first cam). I noticed on the 960/30 setting its quite fish-eye style, I think its angle is something like 170 (would that be the cause?) and on 1080 (125 angle)its a little better but still quite stretched, is this normal or is there a setting I can change to make it look "normal"?

Thanks in advance

crazyjoe101

I don't beleive you can change this, you have the choice between the 720p 170 field of view or the 1080p 125 FoV. I quite like the higher FoV although I suppose this is down to personal preference and what the camera's used for.
One thing I will say; unless you know you're going to want to use slow mo, always use 30fps as this will prolong the battery life.

OP
OP
Leodis

Leodis

Veteran
Thanks Joe, I am sending it back, my main aim for the camera is for evidence/witness just in case and the angle of the camera isnt very good for this requirement.

D

Deleted member 20519

Wider angle means you get more in shot. I'm not sure why you would want any less than 135.

D

Deleted member 20519

It only has one setting less than 170 and that is 1080 running on 125 which still seems very stretched.

It's because of the fisheye lens it will look distorted, like I said, I'm not sure why you would intentionally look for a camera with a narrow lens as the big 170 degree lens is a big selling point on action cameras.

crazyjoe101

It's because of the fisheye lens it will look distorted, like I said, I'm not sure why you would intentionally look for a camera with a narrow lens as the big 170 degree lens is a big selling point on action cameras.

I will agree here, I love having the wider FoV, I actually run at 720p 170 with much less definition than 1080p 125 just because I like having more on screen.

Tcr4x4

Veteran
Not sure about the contour as I don't use mine anymore, but certainly on gopro's you can "defish" the view in the free gopro software after capture.
You can do it in most editing suites, but I doubt everyone has professional video editing software to hand!

Top Bottom