Cool folding bike concepts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm not sure about the voice-over; it reminded me of the public announcer in the 1984 movie, but have a look at this video on innovative folding bikes.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Here's another good vid of a Strida against an A-bike. I heard on a radio programme that Sir Clive Sinclair wasn't one to take constructive criticism. Maybe that's why his collaborator decided to go it alone.

Arch

Married to Night Train
The A bike folded beautifully, and was fun to ride, on supersmooth tarmac, for about 50 yards. Not a bike for serious real use.

We took a couple of Stridas to Spezi this weekend, and most of those who rode them felt thay were ok at a certain speed (about 8mph), on a smooth surface, but that it was very twitchy.

Of the people on out trip that brought their own folders, the Brompton had a majority. I think there's a good reason for that...

I can't watch youtube very well, so I haven't seen all of that first video, but what I saw looked like the usual 'concept' bike - all bells and whistles, but not actually useable...

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
The concept bikes looked futuristic, but plausible. I've seen a few stridas out and about. The only person I've met who rode one wasn't too complimentary and said the belt tended to slip. I'm just wondering whether it folds up flat enough to put on an overhead rack on a train. The A-bike looks a bit of a joke tbh.

Top Bottom