Coppi San Remo 54cm - free to take for a honest value charity donation - collect from Oldham OVNO.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I bought this bike a couple of years ago from its first owner (no paperwork) it had sat in his garage for a number of years. I have replaced pretty much all of the drivetrain with like for like 105 parts, although it is a roadie and has 11-25 IIRC cassette (new +/- 200 miles : Tiagra), the rear mech is long cage as I was considering making it easier on my knees longer term.

He said it cost £800 new approx 10 years ago then, I paid £100 and have spent £100+ on it plus an expensive Bontrager roadie rack that comes with it.

Tiagra brakes on 105 brifters - one of the brifters has lost its top cap but it makes no functional difference - see the photos below.

the hutchinson tyres (cheap impulse buy x decathlon) on it have done 30 miles at most, the other new parts 200. The michelin tyres it came with have life in them and are part of the deal

the rear rack is £50 Bontrager, the top connector is bolted into the back brake, the bottom just requires the supplied longer QR skewer using and its good to go. again it has cosmetic issues (glued velcro on the top bars - error of judgement on my part
) but is a useful thing and you can't complain for free :smile:

M520 SPD pedals with Shimano's clip in flat pedal adaptor.

sprintech bar end mirrors

Crud road 2 mudguards fitted and run nicely - the rear one is cut slightly short to allow the bike to be stored hanging up a wall.

The bike is just too small for me to do justice too (I'm 5'11, and can ride it but my bad neck means I am uncomfortable quite so head down bum up after a few miles. And I need the room.

Cosmetically it needs attention, mechanically it is sound and rides/stops nicely.

*edit : 42cm bars fitted after my purchase too, originals were 40cm. Fitted just to make the mirror work absolutely spot on. I don't have the original bars anymore*

It is too nice to waste away in my shed, I'd rather pass it on to someone that can enjoy it and without cost to help it on its way & make it really beautiful again

All I'd ask in return is that you think how much you feel would be a fair price for it having ridden it and make a suitable donation to Manchester Dogs Home or The Red Cross.
These charities have significance to me and are the ones I wish to benefit, if you'd rather not donate to either then let's discuss a price up front instead.

I'm not into the faff of boxing it up and posting really - I'm in Oldham and would prefer you to collect or I'm happy to meet up in or around Manchester.

IMG_20151112_100421.jpg IMG_20151112_100433.jpg IMG_20151112_100440.jpg IMG_20151112_100447.jpg IMG_20151112_100453.jpg IMG_20151112_100458.jpg IMG_20151112_100512.jpg IMG_20151112_100548.jpg IMG_20151112_100647.jpg IMG_20151112_100744.jpg

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Im might be intersted , whats the top tube measurement ?
EDIT
Manchester is a couple of hours away, if someone is closer they can have 1st dibs.

broady

Veteran
Will make a great bike for someone.
Hope it goes to someone that really needs it and will put some good miles in

If you want to sell the spd pedals or just the plastic clip in flats I'd be interested :smile:

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
General size wise. I'm 5'11 and can ride it on normal seat tube at maximum extension - as you see it in the pics is my riding set up.

The post is the one it came with, short by todays standards and no layback etc. The stem is the longest I had to hand and upturned to lengthen the cockpit slightly and allow a very little bit of sit up. 5'11 and a healthy back/neck is the tallest I would suggest but for proper comfort and options to adjust I reckon it'd suit 5'8-5'10 best.

My son is 5'8 and fits it fine with saddle height up and down to spare.

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Will make a great bike for someone.
Hope it goes to someone that really needs it and will put some good miles in

If you want to sell the spd pedals or just the plastic clip in flats I'd be interested :smile:
Thanks, I hope I can move it on intact, it deserves to be ridden, but if not then you have first dibs on them if it does go as parts.

Same payment ideally: a few quid to a deserving cause if you're happy donating.

cyberknight

Im5 foot 7 Saddle height 69 cm to bb reach with 4.5 cm saddle set back.reach to bars from saddle tip is 51_52 ish .currently my commuter is 54 cmctr to CTR with n 80 mm stem.

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Pics with measurements.

I was wrong yesterday, the bike as photo'd was set to its lowest & saddle all the way forward for for a friend who's own bike was kaput for a few days. She's 5'6/5'7.

IMG_20151113_100712.jpg
Centre of BB to top of seatpost.

IMG_20151113_100722.jpg
Top tube

IMG_20151113_101056.jpg
Centre of BB to saddle fully lowered

IMG_20151113_101010.jpg
Centre of BB to saddle at minimum insertion marker. Seatpost is a shorty.

IMG_20151113_100821.jpg
Rear of saddle from the handlebar. Saddle is raked all the way forward (78 cm) next pic close up of saddle position it'll go back between 20-30mm from here.

IMG_20151113_100902.jpg

IMG_20151113_101257.jpg
100mm

Apologies for the poor photography, no assistant so one handed on my mobile.

The cranks are 175 mm

OP
OP
shouldbeinbed

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Im5 foot 7 Saddle height 69 cm to bb reach with 4.5 cm saddle set back.reach to bars from saddle tip is 51_52 ish .currently my commuter is 54 cmctr to CTR with n 80 mm stem.

Saddle height range 67-77cm from BB

Last pic below: saddle tip to bars ~51cm with saddle forward, so would suggest upto 53-53.5 set back to furthest.

IMG_20151113_145449.jpg

cyberknight

No one else interested? It looks perfect fit wise for me but it would be next Sunday before I could collect so if someone is closer or is more desperate for a bike im not bothered as this wood be used as a hack by me assuming I can convince swmbo .

cyberknight

Great, please let them know.

Any no obligation test ride they fancy.

I work next door to the Velodrome & Man City stadium so could meet up there too if easier.

In fairness Cyberknight has 1st refusal but you're next on the list.
Ok if the guy in manchester doesnt want it i will gladly give it a home but they can have make good use of it and their closer to you its fair they have a look.

Top Bottom