Coronary Heart Disease - Diagnosis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

That cocktail looks familiar. My (first) cardiologist prescribed that mix (though the aspirin was in a powdered form, kadegic)

The beta-blocker messed me up, made me feel like I really was dying, because my resting bpm is late 40s and the beta-blocker dropped it further; I'd wake literally gasping for air, my heart rate having dropped into the 30s. Statins, well, I took them as instructed to no noticeable side effect.

I appreciate this is not the same scenario but I sought a 2nd opinion. I tested fine (echo, EKG, stress test) and the 1st doc's script was ripped up. To this day, I do not know what happened nor what that 1st cardiologist saw - or whether he just gave me the wrong results and hence diagnosis. My worry was real though. I can empathise with that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
That cocktail looks familiar. My (first) cardiologist prescribed that mix (though the aspirin was in a powdered form, kadegic)

The beta-blocker messed me up, made me feel like I really was dying, because my resting bpm is late 40s and the beta-blocker dropped it further; I'd wake literally gasping for air, my heart rate having dropped into the 30s. Statins, well, I took them as instructed to no noticeable side effect.

I appreciate this is not the same scenario but I sought a 2nd opinion. I tested fine (echo, EKG, stress test) and the 1st doc's script was ripped up. To this day, I do not know what happened not what that 1st cardiologist saw - or whether he just gave me the wrong results and hence diagnosis. My worry was real though. I can empathise with that.

Yes that has crossed my mind. But the problem with 2nd opinions is how do you know which one is correct !!!

Top Bottom