Counting calorie intake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I count calories, but somewhat loosely and only daily. I also look at sugar and carbohydrates. I’ve cut out most of the processed stuff like white bread, junk food, etc. Any carbs I do take in are going to be stuff like whole grain breads and oatmeal. And sugar I try to limit to natural sources like fruits, honey, etc. And I limit how much of those I eat. Add more exercise to this and I’ve gone from pre-diabetic to not. Now the challenge is drop all my numbers even further.

LemonJuice

You've suddenly became rather more capable than your own threads would suggest.

🤔
It's a bit of a step up from a 24mm Allen key.
Possibly Microsoft.

I had some fish fingers.

keithmac

Guru
For me it's just as simple as calories in vs calories out, no tricks or specific diets.

I set a 1lb a week weight loss target and ate to maintain that loss (less than normal!), not a massive weight loss per week but achievable without any side effects.

Been a bit lax recently and I've put sone back on because I've eaten too much, no excuse there as I know exactly whats gone on!.

If you eat excessive calories you will put weight on, no two ways about it.

Kryton521

Über Member
I can highly recommend "Noom", if you, like me. Struggle with both portion control and snacking. I don't normally advertise things but this program is really helping me. Nearly 3 weeks into it and lost over 2kg. Monitoring of food/calories does help.

I'm sure there are calorie counters and things, but being lazy and stupid I'll sit and stuff my face, complain I can't lose weight, then eat a pack of doughnuts to punish myself! Which is why I find this program useful and helps me along.

Top Bottom