courier/ebay whinge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do I keep falling for this?? 24h delivery they say ... well that's good, cos I need it for the weekend, and no-one will be home Wed-Fri ...
so delivery Mon-Tue works :smile: . Worth paying £3.50 extra for ...

Get a courier tracking email with a link in ... oh great, its scheduled for three(3) days! So no-one will be home! <waits ... >
Now they say they've tried delivery (in just 2 days, great), but of course no-one is home ... and of course they didn't try the neighbours (who I know are always home).

So no doubt I am now in endless delivery retry hell (or collect from a depot 70 miles away). They may as well have sent it to Tromso, for despatch by horse-and-cart. I could have collected it quicker in person (I think the retailer is 80miles away, IIRC).

If I had known, I would have bought elsewhere THATS WHATS SO FECKING ANNOYING!!!

And breathe ...

Thanks for listening.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I stick a note on my door saying in effect "Try next door". I get on with my neighbours very well tho' ^_^

Chief Broom

Veteran
Why do I keep falling for this?? 24h delivery they say ... well that's good, cos I need it for the weekend, and no-one will be home Wed-Fri ...

Get a courier tracking email with a link in ... oh great, its scheduled for three(3) days! So no-one will be home! <waits ... >
Now they say they've tried delivery (in just 2 days, great), but of course no-one is home ... and of course they didn't try the neighbours (who I know are always home).

So no doubt I am now in endless delivery retry hell (or collect from a depot 70 miles away). They may as well have sent it to Tromso, for despatch by horse-and-cart. I could have collected it quicker in person (I think the retailer is 80miles away, IIRC).

If I had known, I would have bought elsewhere THATS WHATS SO FECKING ANNOYING!!!

And breathe ...

Thanks for listening.
So i order a starter motor and delivery driver cant find my address and is going to leave it in Inverness which is 60m away and i cant get there because i havent got a.....starter motor :wacko:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I buy a fair bit stuff online (far too much according to my wife), as a result, I am on speaking terms with the postman and most courier drivers. It is my experience that most Couriers do actually want to deliver the parcel, rather than cart it back to the depot, plus, some of them only get paid for Parcels actually delivered (so I understand). I have "trained" them to leave parcels in a safe place if I am not in. There are the odd delivery which require a signature, or, with Amazon a OTP, which pose a bit of a problem. Mostly, I can get the Postman or Driver to just scribble a signature. OTP so far, I have not found a way around, I just have to be home, but, Amazon are fairly good at giving a predicted tie for such parcels.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It doesn't help here that Parcelfarce closed their Swindon depot and now take stuff back to Basingrad. That's more than a 2 hour round trip on a good day!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

And breathe ...

Thanks for listening.

Sorry you're not allowed to moan about anything, anymore.

People managed without next day delivery in the The Blitz you know ...

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Royal Mail or Parcel Force have always served me well. I used to sent a lot of max weight parcels by post and they were cheaper than carrier and far quicker. Large inward parcels usually came by courier.
Yesterday I got a Covid-19 home test kit less than 24 hours after ordering by Royal Mail.
Courier service is slow and patchy.
Once a small test order I placed could not be posted but we had a depot in Oban which accepted parcels for onward transport. The supplier who could only send things by courier sent the parcel to our courier by post.:wacko:

Top Bottom