Cov-19 Madness ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Have you come across any strange regulations put in place by shops or others during the crisis ?

We've just been to Bargain Booze, not for booze but because its also a general grocery shop.

" Can you check my lottery ticket please", "Yes sir but if you win anything i cant give you the money ... or your winning ticket back" .. !!
"Why ?"
"Cov-19 regulations sir" .. " I can sell you a ticket, but if you win anything i can't give you the money or your ticket back" .. "i can tell you the winning numbers though"...

Please tell me it's not just me ,,,,, :wacko:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Have you come across any strange regulations put in place by shops or others during the crisis ?

We've just been to Bargain Booze, not for booze but because its also a general grocery shop.

" Can you check my lottery ticket please", "Yes sir but if you win anything i cant give you the money ... or your winning ticket back" .. !!
"Why ?"
"Cov-19 regulations sir" .. " I can sell you a ticket, but if you win anything i can't give you the money or your ticket back" .. "i can tell you the winning numbers though"...

Please tell me it's not just me ,,,,, :wacko:
It’s why they have been telling everyone to check winnings on line.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
A park here the council have stuck two fingers up at the government and the residents and decided they wanna close it at 4pm.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Not madness, but a strange oddity... I went outside my front door last night for the first time in a few days and laid neatly on the floor was an A4 note handwritten by a child, it read "Can you please take this scooter?" and it had two tear-off tabs labelled yes and no.

I had no idea what it means but I found it oddly poignant. Did someone leave a scooter at my doorstep for some reason? An offer from a too-big child, knowing I have a smaller child? Was it instead affixed to a bin last week, accompanied by a broken scooter, a cry out to the refuse collectors from a child unable to get to the tip, and the note just blew here a week later?

jayonabike