Coventry Eagle "Flight Deluxe"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie_Gooner

Hi Guys,

Managed to pick this bike up recently and was just wondering if anyone on here knows what sort of age it is? I've tried looking online but i get mostly articles about motorbikes made by Coventry Eagle. It only has 5 gears and the wheel on the bottom rear derailleur is just a disc, with no teeth on it.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Attachments

• Coventry Eagle Flight Deluxe.jpg
    Coventry Eagle Flight Deluxe.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 479

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Pop up some close ups of the components - shifters, derailleurs brakes etc and frame number if you have it, and the vintage experts will be along to tell you. Some of the experts on here will be able to tell you the name of the frame builder and what his favourite sandwich filling was. :smile:

midlife

Guru
Google Falcon Olympic and one of it's incarnations over the years will have your frame with the lugs and seat stays the same.

Shaun

midlife

Guru
As Biggs682 says it's 80's most likely. Another problem with bikes like these was they were often built for sale in catalogues like Empire Stores or Grattans so never appeared in the manufacturers literature.

Nice though and obviously cherished by whoever bought it :smile:

Shaun

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

Dekkb

Hi there, this is my flight deluxe. Looking at it I think yours is a little older than mine. they are a typical "ernie Clements" frame from the late '70s and early '80s I believe. I'm the third owner of mine although only the second to ride it. as mentioned its a bit of a generic frame as I have a Falcon exactly the same.

Attachments

• IMG_20161029_162200.jpg
    IMG_20161029_162200.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 268
Are those Weinmann brakes? If so you may be able to find a date stamped into the back of them.

As has been said above it does look very much like a Falcon frame from the lugs and seat stays.

Top Bottom