Coventry o'brien

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robin Sanderson

Hi guys. I've picked up a Coventry o'brien and can't seem to find much info on it. It's the town and country style rather than a racer and has the AW 3 speed hub with twist grip change and front dyno hub and Lucas lights.

I'll be able to post a proper pic when the mod sanctions have been lifted but for now it's my avatar!

Can anyone enlighten with some info and whether I should restore, refurbish or leave it as it is and just get it working only? And any idea on value?

Thanks in advance.
Robin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 50

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Robin Sanderson for me that looks superb and a quick wipe down and some fresh grease,cables, tubes and tyres and ride it for as long as you can .

but most importantly just enjoy it

OP
OP
Robin Sanderson

Robin Sanderson

To be honest it looks better in the pics. The rims and tyres are rotten and the there's loads of missing and damaged spokes. Needs new gear cable. Also a bit rusty having been left outside for a while! It all moved and works as it should though since a good going over with penetrating spray grease!
Thanks.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice project. :becool: I'd change the wheel rims and get them laced onto those hubs (SA front dynohubs are cool) you may even be able to get 700c rims to fit (they're in between 26x I 3/8 and 27x 1 1/4 rims) in order to give you better tyre choice.
If the paintwork on the frame can be saved then keep it, vintage paint cleaned up always looks more in keeping on an old bike but if it is too bad then its up to you whether you respray, I wouldn't if I could get away with cleaning it up.

Top Bottom