Coyote Nevada- Thoughts ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

It's a relatively unheard of name, it has an ugly partly hydroformed frame, suntour forks (crap reputation), quad brakes (crap reputation) and just a deore groupset. Goes for £375 new. IMO It's not worth £275 even in perfect condition. However, I bet you if you were to put it on ebay someone would probably bid that sort of money for it.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Thanks you 2, with your comments ringing in my ears, I kept on looking, I found a Specialized Rockhopper Comp for the same price, Right, Winter, BRING IT ON :biggrin:

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Was this worth the cost do you think?

img_0304.jpg

It's going to be better than a Coyote

I had the job of trying to shift a job lot of Coyote bikes..they were reasonable-ish but just...something missing quality-wise - and I;m far from a bike snob - kind of a bit like Concept's Viking range

RedBike

I'm not sure what model that is. The Hardrocks when they were first introduced were a light-weight budget XC bike, but over time they got heavier, 'beefier' and the geometry got more and more relaxed. This got them the unfortunate nickname of 'Lardrock' by a lot of MTBers.
( The later models seem to have gone back to being what is essentially a cracking a budget XC bike).

The hardrocks have always had a reputation for being well built. If you were after a tough 'brute' of a commuter with the ability to take on the worst of the peak district at the weekend then it looks like you've got the right bike.

At £275 even if you don't like the bike (I''m pretty sure you will! ) you could easily pass it back on for the same sort of money / maybe even make a small profit.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Thanks everyone, not sure on spec LOL, as caked FULL of mud, once I clean it ill have a look, I know its Deore (SL I think) and the brakes are hydraulic brakes, Got to learn about this MTB stuff more LOL

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
I'm not sure what model that is. The Hardrocks when they were first introduced were a light-weight budget XC bike, but over time they got heavier, 'beefier' and the geometry got more and more relaxed. This got them the unfortunate nickname of 'Lardrock' by a lot of MTBers.
( The later models seem to have gone back to being what is essentially a cracking a budget XC bike).

The hardrocks have always had a reputation for being well built. If you were after a tough 'brute' of a commuter with the ability to take on the worst of the peak district at the weekend then it looks like you've got the right bike.

At £275 even if you don't like the bike (I''m pretty sure you will! ) you could easily pass it back on for the same sort of money / maybe even make a small profit.

Ahh yes the Hardrocks, but RED this my friend is a Rockhopper (Comp) , Your spot on about the price though.

Top Bottom