Cr2016 Cr2025 button batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
I have bought a couple of blister packs of button batteries but only needed the Cr2032 so I have 4*Cr2016 and 4*Cr2025
Free to first reply , not sure of the quality but good value :okay:
Will split

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
You can double up the 2016s to replace a dead 2032.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I confess I am not an electrician so I’m not sure. Maybe I have been lucky as I’ve gotten away with it in the small lights I’ve done it with.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
20 is diameter in mm and 16 is depth in 1/10th of a mm. But won't two 2016s doubled up be 6.4v - so 4 in the 'battery compartment' where you'd use 2 x 2032s would deliver a potential difference of 12.8v (as opposed to 6.4v). Will the LEDs be happy?
I have just bought a pack of these:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07QLZ3DGG/

Just give me a month or two to find my GCE "O" level Physics notes, from 1963, on connecting batteries in series and parallel, and, I should be able to answer that ;)

irw

Quadricyclist
Connecting batteries in series (as described- ie, putting them on top of one another) will indeed double the voltage (or thereabouts), potentially damaging whatever you've put them in. Connecting batteries in parallel will provide the same voltage, but will last twice as long (or thereabouts), but would require a bit of clever wiring / Insulation between the two if you wanted them in the same compartment.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I’ll have them if going free. Use both types in this household.
Just pm me your address and there yours

Top Bottom