Crafty hidden fees.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Guru
I normally have one bowl of cereal and some yoghurt for breakfast.

When I stay at a hotel on a B&B rate, it seems a waste not to have some juice, cereal, yoghurt, scrambled egg, toast, honey, more toast, and a chocolate croissant. So I eat far more than I really need.

All-inclusive works well for some people - people who habitually have a full English. But from my perspective, i’d rather not be subsidising them. I stayed at a university recently where rashers of bacon, sausages etc were priced per unit and the students paid for exactly what they consumed.

I hope the parallel is obvious enough.

Brads

The budget airline/s get a lot of flack, but people are not forced to pay for the extras.

If grown ups* cannot manage without sitting together for a two or three hour flight, it says a lot about them.

* They always sit small kids with their parents.

Oh no they don`t. I`ve know a few cases where kids are separated from parents. I`ve known parents have to ask strangers to swap seats so they can be near kids.

It`s a bloody scam and annoying as hell. There is no need for it as seats can easily be allocated as they are bought.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ecologically damaging, yes. Absurd? I don't think so.
Low cost carriers have created a market that didn't previously exist. It's very easy to be sniffy about them but they are extremely popular, and profitable (certainly compared to the legacy carriers)
I think you should look a bit more closely at how that market was created, especially the tax on aircraft fuel and the oddly tougher regulations on international rail until recently.

Top Bottom