crankset-very cheap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
so i stripped the right hand crank arm today where the pedal goes in (long story) and no it wasn't trying to put the left pedal in the right crank! any way i am now very upset! :sad: but need a new crank set soon (can nick one from another bike for the moment to keep the legs spinning but not ideal! so i need a cheap one as cheap as i can get so long as it will last me a few miles

not bothered if it a single a compact a triple or what ever but must take normal geared chain (3/32"?) and just be square taper so what have you got for me?

mods i was was not sure which section to put this in so feel free to move if you feel this is wrong section
Cheers Ed

Kookas

Über Member
You won't be able to just buy any. Your existing shifters, drivetrain and bottom bracket type will determine what crankset you can buy. It'll have to be pretty close to what you had before, though it wouldn't have to be the same one.

e-rider

crappy member
Think that's pretty rare, to be honest.
no it isn't - has happened to me several times, hence my comment - I'm still angry about the last one which so far has left me £90 out of pocket. If the courier claims no responsibility even if they lost it, all you can do is go to court, which in most cases would be many times more expensive than the value of the goods

Kookas

Über Member
no it isn't - has happened to me several times, hence my comment - I'm still angry about the last one which so far has left me £90 out of pocket. If the courier claims no responsibility even if they lost it, all you can do is go to court, which in most cases would be many times more expensive than the value of the goods

Never happened to me, and the only thing I don't order online is food. Some couriers have a bit of a reputation, though - like Yodel.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Mod message: if you want to discuss the failings or otherwise of couriers, start another thread. Any further messages on the subject in this thread will be removed.

Top Bottom