Crap Cycle Lanes - video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Getting rather bored today – feeling a little under the weather my self – one child ill in bed and she won’t be left alone in the room – she’s asleep, but wakes up if I try and leave!! Anyway – playing around in interweb and just stitched together some pictures of crap cycle lanes (taken from Warrington Cycle Campaign’s Cycling Facility of the Month, Weird Cycle Lanes of Brighton and Crap Cycle Lanes of Croydon websites), chucked on a backing track and uploaded it to youtube – enjoy!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aF1uEkDfyQ

PBancroft

Watching it without sound here at work. Obviously seen the pictures before, but my first thought was... I reckon a lot of non-cyclists wouldn't even realise some of those are cycle lanes. I wonder if traffic planners feel the same?

Nice bit of editing by the way.

It is amazing how many end in just a fence or a barrier, councils waste so much money of non sensical cycle facilities, I wonder how much could be done if all that wasted money was put into a national pot.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Catrike UK said:
It is amazing how many end in just a fence or a barrier, councils waste so much money of non sensical cycle facilities, I wonder how much could be done if all that wasted money was put into a national pot.

why tax the living shoot out of us just to stick it in a pot, they should stop wasting the money and charge us less council tax and etc. tax

OP
OP
TwickenhamCyclist
Catrike UK said:

It’s almost as if there is some sort of secret competition between council highways departments to see who can get away with the most appalling design – I’m sure they all get together every year for some kind of award show and have a good laugh at the shite they’ve managed to pass off as facilities…. “And the Matthew Paris award for most lethal design goes to….(drum roll)…. Brighton Council, who this year invented the cyclepath with piano wire already stretched across it…here to present the award is Eren Baker….”

Top Bottom