Creaking???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

naffets

Experiencing creaking noise when i put power down when climbing
only when i am out of the saddle when its steep with usual climbing motion. Anyone have an idea what it would be???
I thought it was either Bottom Bracket
or my freehub but didnt seem any play

betty swollocks

large member
:ohmy:

Click the smiley.

Perhaps admin could make this link a sticky?

longers

Legendary Member
Bar, stem, headset are worth checking. Bettys link has some good tips for those areas. It could well be worth being a sticky.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Just to add, I had a creak on my SCR which nearly drove me to despair.
It seemed to be coming from the bars, but in fact was a seatpost shim.
Once the shim was coated in that carbon assembly paste and reassembled, I'm back to having a peaceful, quiet ride (except for my puffing and panting which as I've said before, no amount of assembly paste is going to stop :wacko: )

battered

Guru
I have had great success reducing gasping and wheezing noises by riding a bike with a 22 tooth granny ring.:wacko:

zacklaws

Guru
One unexpected source of a creaking sound I found was my shoes when I was standing to pedal. The first time it took me ages to realise what it was. Now every time my shoes get wet and dried out, they always creak for a few rides till the leather softens again.

e-rider

crappy member
+1 for shoes/cleats - mine do it and it annoys me a lot! I've tried everything but it looks like a new pair of shoes is the only answer and that is going to have to wait until I get myself employed.

I found cycling slower up hill reduces the problem ;-)

PpPete

Legendary Member
Possibly very small amount of play between BB spindle and cranks?

Top Bottom