'Cretins Law'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of weeks ago, just before the Schools broke up, I had the old stand-by shouted at me as I pulled up at the local Co-Op

"Oi mate! Your back wheel's following your front!"
Feeling slightly mischievous, & deciding to ignore not being his 'mate', I went to the lad - who was possibly expecting me to belt him, and appeared to be getting nervous (despite 2 mates)

I congratulated him on his grasp of the laws of motion & basic Physics

I described that the relationship between 2 interconnected locations would stay constant ,irrespective of speed, or location

Advising him to speak to a science teacher about Cretins Law,and explain to said Teacher the reasons why he was asking the question.

Small victories

(wonder if he'll shout it again at anyone..)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
But, his statement was correct.... so he'll have been somewhat bemused that you stopped.:whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Mind you I hadn'et appreciated that you live in Normanton... his head with be turned by the worldly sophistication of worldly travel discharging from the vent ducts of Shearings depot....

Must be a Yorkshire thing - had the same yelled at me by a kid in Allerton Bywater
I passed through there today, well almost, I was on the 'Roman road' from Castleford, & went up 'Mary Pannall', turning right at the top lights

The rest of the UK gets excited about 4G - aye, but Yorkshire's still getting used to the wheel. ^_^
And linked together by an aluminium tubular construction

He'd have been even more bemused if Richard had wheeled his bike backward to the lad. Then his front wheel would have been following his back and any discussion on the laws of motion & basic physics would have been pointless. :tongue:

I think Cretins Law is repealed with Unicycles???

Not sure about Trikes???, some kind of magnetic attraction, or 'gravitational pull'??

Top Bottom