Crime Tsar's apology

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....reversing-car-into-bollard-in-leeds-1-7507142

Audi driver reverses into bollard; no surprises - how dare the bollard obstruct his regal progress.

Ah but ---

- driver was W Yorks Police Commissioner; oops!
- driving ......

... "a high-powered Audi A4 as a ‘pool’ vehicle after it was seized from a drug-dealer. The silver car is eight years old and would have cost £25,000 when new."

So THAT's what happens to ill-gotten gains when they've been seized :evil:

Drago

Legendary Member
Audi have started selling high power motors for 25k? A bit of journalistic licence there...

A lot of PCCs and senior non-officer staff use around he country use such vehicles, classed as "operational" as a wheeze to avoid company car tax. It's.sailing close to the wind and the Revenue have announced they're going to clamp down on it.

Surprisingly, it doesn't happen in our county. Our PCC, for all his faults, uses his own car for business and doesn't even claim fuel.

classic33

Leg End Member
That was on display in Bradford for a while, showing what had been recovered and where from.

Drago

Legendary Member
In fairness, I can't see the issue. He's had a minor prang, immediately fessed up and apologised, doubtless any damage will be made good. It's hardly shades of Ed Balls as suggested in the article, but that's local journalism for you - making a story out of nothing, and trying to attach it to another of already National knowledge in the hope not somehow rubs off on it. It never does though.

In fairness, I can't see the issue. He's had a minor prang, immediately fessed up and apologised, doubtless any damage will be made good. It's hardly shades of Ed Balls as suggested in the article, but that's local journalism for you - making a story out of nothing, and trying to attach it to another of already National knowledge in the hope not somehow rubs off on it. It never does though.

As I read it, he reversed into a bollard with sufficient force to damage the bollard and only "fessed up" when it was brought to his attention and not "immediately" - how anyone can not be aware of a collision which causes damage to a bollard (which I am assuming is a fairly immovable object rather than a traffic cone) is beyond me. Such force should result in the driver of the vehicle being aware of the collision. Even a small "dink" should cause a driver to be aware - he sounds like a nobber.

Well, given the choice between Drago and Marmion I know who I'd side with.
Good man ;)

Top Bottom