Cross Country Voyagers - Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yup. It's only the shell that remains the same. And they're not the original 125 coaches.

The biggest problem with the Voyagers is that, despite claims that they've sorted the toilets out, they still stink.
Yeah, er. Sorry about that. I'd leave it until Brockenhurst if I were you.:biggrin:

OP
OP
domd1979

domd1979

Veteran
The DfT alleged it would give better performance at New Street by removing conflicting moves, they also reckoned that not that many people crossed Birmingham on XC services (hmmm). They also seem to have this desire to standardise service patterns and reduce the number of operators on a given corridor (hence things like Birmingham to Notts now being XC).

I'd also speculate that rolling stock comes into the transfer to West Coast of Glasgow services to give Virgin a load of 221s which they need for Holyhead services and so on. But DfT doesn't micro manage. Or determine who has what stock. Apparently.

jonesy said:
Do you know what the DfT's reason was for ending XC services to Glasgow? The same type of trains are still being used on the same route, but with the afforementioned annoyance and delay of a change at Brum. What is achieved by this?

Danny

Legendary Member
domd1979 said:
The DfT alleged it would give better performance at New Street by removing conflicting moves, they also reckoned that not that many people crossed Birmingham on XC services (hmmm).
The elderly mother of a friend of mine came up from Bournemouth to York at Christmas. As there is no longer a direct service she had to change at Birmingham and despite booking assistance in advance to help her get from one platform to another, the staff at Birmingham said they had no record of this and refused to help her at all. This happened on both the outward and return journeys!

I gather XC and now advising elderly and disabled passengers not to avoid changing at Birmingham.

Top Bottom