cross races

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

hi

i race cyclo cross pritty competivly and i write race reports for another forum (www.mtbe.co.uk) , so i thought if anyones intrested in reading them i'll post one of them here, then if you's like them al do them weekly,or when i race, theres usualy pics to go with these but non were taken this week Btw im 14, a race in the youth cat, u16's

hi guys

a was realy up for this one and i was right to be too
icon_wink.gif

it was round 1 of the bcf cross series and the points also counted to my clubs cross championships.

the course was realy good, a fast road section, a decent grassy climb, good descents, good technical parts through trees, and some realy challenging hurdles. a think there was about a feild of 8 of us.

got of to a decent start sitting behind a couple of lads for the first lap as the course had changed from yestaday so didnt want to take a wrong turn. coming down one of the decents the course hadent been changed from the under 12's so it was abit hectic, we all turned the wrong way and split up for a little bit, we all soon rejoined together. My legs were fine and i was only riding at about 70%, while i could see the other riders were fully going for it. so i atacked and got a great lead, kept the lead for about half a lap untill i jumped on my bike after a hurdle and my seat come loose
icon_eek.gif
i carried on for abit thibkibg it would last the race, also i wasnt sitting down, then it come realy loose and it was going to fall of
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_evil.gif
a stopped to try and sort it out, got it hand tightened and carried on. but got to the next lap and it was back to nearly falling of. by this time i was in about 5th place
icon_mad.gif
a ran with the bike about 200 metres to the start to see if anyone had a allen key, some one did and started looking at it. but then some one chucked a £1000 scott cross bike at is and told me to go, this was all in about 20 seconds
icon_lol.gif

so a got away realy pushing hard and court the 2 in front, then anothe 2, and finally got to the rider in first
icon_biggrin.gif
and remember by the time a ot the scott they were about 400-500 metres ahead, up a hill, so a was realy chufed when i caught them all. a sat on his wheel for a bit just reganing my energy then i was away, by this time i'd got back to the start and we done a slick bike change to get me back on my bike.

a just powered away for about a lap and new i had first in the bag (for the second time
icon_biggrin.gif
) i was feeling realy good and still managed to get a sprint to the line just for the sake of it.

my god this was an epic and would of been great to watch from my view ( helmet cam
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

not sure if theres any pics but i cant see them on any of the sites, but if any get uploaded tonight i'll put them on. won £5 for my efforts to

so that puts me in first place in the bcf cross series and 1st in my clubs championships
icon_biggrin.gif

a stayed and rode the adults but i pulled out to talk to everyone, and this ment i could get a good ride home in as i was feeling fine.

riding home my chain snapped
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_lol.gif
about 9 miles from home, so pushed and rolled it down the hills till half way home a bloke who races stopped and let me use his moblile, a few miles from home ma mam picked me up and i was pleased as it was starting to chuck it down
so that was also abit of an epic

loved todays race, thats 2 wins in a row now, a sign of good things to come hopefully
icon_biggrin.gif

Attachments

• icon_biggrin.gif
    icon_biggrin.gif
    172 bytes · Views: 18
  • icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    485 bytes · Views: 16
  • icon_biggrin.gif
    icon_biggrin.gif
    172 bytes · Views: 14
  • icon_rolleyes.gif
    icon_rolleyes.gif
    485 bytes · Views: 16
  • icon_lol.gif
    icon_lol.gif
    336 bytes · Views: 17
  • icon_biggrin.gif
    icon_biggrin.gif
    172 bytes · Views: 14
OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

btw i just copied this from were i wrote the report on the other forum, so i may refer to stuff that you' wont click on about :wacko:

dobbin33ch

cyclo races

intereisting stuff about cyclo cross ,so whats the cross scene like in your area ,here in switzerland ,its getting a wee bit of a pick up ,now that frischi is riding no more ,the kids scene is looking good ,my son rides the u14 and there is about 30kids in that catogory, as for juniors there are about 35 ,look at www.radquer.ch interesting ,,

Chris James

Über Member
Dave5N said:
No chance of you writing them in English? ;)

Normally I think picking holes in people's spelling and grammar on forums is a bit pompous.

However, since the OP said that he wrote this report for a web site then the least you would have thought he could have done would be to spell check it.

I gave up after the third 'realy' which proved to me that he realy (sic) doesn't know how to spell the word as opposed to just making a typing mistake.

Also eye searingly bad are: pritty, competivly, you's, yestaday and hadent.

Miserable git mode off now (briefly)

Congratulations on the win!

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

jesus :biggrin:

you check the forum were i write these on and all i get is support, not people going on about some spelling mistakes

well this has put me of this foum,

and also i'd like to add the race reports i wite has just helped me get sponser ship of a local bike shop so...

Young Un

marty - dont be put of from the site just because of some comment - this forum is great and only a handful of people spoil it sometimes.

Top Bottom