crud roadracer mudgaurds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
could these finally be the answer to decent mudguards on a road bike ???? and only £25 :blush:

take a few moments to watch their demo vids :smile:

http://www.crudproducts.com/products/roadracer

I've been looking around the Internet and some people seem to be having problems with them rubbing on some tyres. it seems they are only suitable for 700 23 and 25 but even with these sizes some people are having trouble.

the general opinion seems to be that if they fit.... they are very good

Visiting the LBS last week to arrange a Spesh Allez Elite under C2W I posed the question Raceblades or Crud and was pointed in the direction of the Cruds. Apparently they don't make so much noise due to their design and the brushes built into them.

Given the scarcity of my chosen bike it will be a while before I can post a review :-(

I got a set last week from ebay for £22 and used them on the club run on Saturday for the first time. At the end I was the cleanest out of 18 riders including guys with full on guards and sks blades. Really impressed with them.

zophiel

Veteran
i got some this week, they are now sat on my ribble. It's rained for 2 days now and i have arrived dry both days. they certainly do there job.

edit - the only problem i have is the front guard droops onto the wheel. but i am working on a spacer to raise it slightly.

My rear guard rubs very slightly, although not so badly that I notice it when riding, and the front won't fit at all. My bike has ridiculously narrow clearance with 25s on.

The main difference between them and regular guards is that regular guards can be bent into shape. The Crudracers don't have that capability.

Top Bottom