CTC bike bags (what size??)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

http://www.ctcshop.com/product.jsp?style=29977

I wanted to order but then it occurred to me that my bike is huge...64cm frame...will this bag fit ?? I bought a bike cover once from Halfords which I was assured would fit, but of course it was to small.

I have asked the CTC to commnet but I just wondered if anybody here had any experiences with these bags sizes while I am awaiting a reply.
Thanks.

what are you neading it for?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I have used one of those for a 56cm bike and I reckon I could have put another half a bike in with it (hope that makes sense)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well it's been ordered and is on it's way so we'll see....I'm sure all will be well. If it is strong enough I may just use it as a tent footprint or something and save carrying the tarp...dunno , let's see.

rualexander

Legendary Member
It should be plenty big enough, I have used these bags a few times now. While on tour I just roll it up and keep it in the same bag as the tent and I have also used it as a groundsheet protector on rocky/prickly ground and I have thought of using it as a survival bag/bivvi bag although the need has not yet arisen.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well the bag arrived, my first impression is that it will easily fit but that it is very heavy...I wont be lugging it all over Germany , instead I'll likely ditch it at the airport and figure out some other way of packing the bike for the home flight.

Top Bottom