ctt handbook

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busdennis

Veteran
im new to time trialing but after reading many internet threads on the subject i understood i needed a ctt handbook to inter events so spent my £9 on it. what a disappointment, it as no more information than what you can get from thier forum.
Am i missing something or is the handbook a throw back to the dark days before the world wide web and as no value in the moden world?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You do not need a handbook, this is not a requirement at all. It is just handy to have one at times.

You can find events on their online system, you then fill in an entry form and post it off with a cheque. Some events can be entered online, but the majority, not.

You should be aware, CTT Open TT's prioritise the fastest riders (except on events which specifically state they will prioritise the slower riders, usually this only happens on the super fast courses), so don't enter lots of events at once if you don't have a time (no time is assumed slowest) or only have very slow times, make the most of the early season, enter an event or 2, get some times and then enter more events with your new times.

The simplest way to try time trialling is to rock up to some local club 10's, enter on the line and thrash yourself silly.

Top Bottom