Cube Attempt 2010?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spacecat

I have a 2010 Attempt. Brilliant bike and I can't really fault it. I'm 5'10" and the frame is a 58.

It's probably done around 10k by now and not needed anything other than wearable parts.

OP
OP
carlos16

carlos16

Thks spacecat it does does look a great bike, good spec also , you kept the original seat? ive read they are quite uncomfy!

spacecat

It's a stiff 7005 double butted alu frame. That was quite uncomfortable at first for me, but I now run with a bit less pressure in the tyres which does not affect speeds. The frame colour scheme and finish, if its been looked after, are exceptional. The decals are painted on. It was rock solid last year on a 50mph descent. More than can be said for the rider!

If I was to criticise one area it would be the wheel bearings. The wheels are still true and have hit a good few potholes, but if out in a downpour they will let water in. The front is on its third set and the rear its second.

These days I remove the freehub and front wheel caps every now and again to dry them out and lube the freehub and bearings. The bearings are generic and don't cost much or take long to replace.

On the front wheel, the hub caps are held on by a virtually invisible circlip. I never put these back on the last time the bearings were replaced. This makes it easy to pop the caps off to dry inside the hub when washing etc.

Oh, a bottle cage mount did come loose, but that was my stupid fault for cross threading it!

Cubist

Still wavin'
They were, but were replaced by the Peloton. They had three or four different framesets over a range of alu bikes, but settled on the peloton with different groupsets in the end. Spec wise the modern equivalent would be the peloton race.
You may get lucky with the price as it's huge.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Thks spacecat it does does look a great bike, good spec also , you kept the original seat? ive read they are quite uncomfy!
I had that seat on a XC mountain bike, and loved it. The Selle Italia X1 on my Peloton is sitting in a parts drawer waiting for reattachment when I come round to selling the bike. There's a charge spoon on there now.

D

Deleted member 23692

The seat looks similar to the one on my Peloton, and my bum's more than happy with it

Top Bottom