Cube LTD Pro Stolen in Southampton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dazzer0_10

I'm looking for help from any cyclist in Southampton. My 2 month old white and blue Cube Ltd Pro was stolen last night near Sholing station. It is a very distintive bike which stands out. It has white forks and sadle. It was fitted with cats eye lights (single front light and 5 LED rear). I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing it again, but if anyone spots one out and about in mint condition can you drop me an e-mail. Much appreciated.

e-rider

crappy member
What sort of bike is it? I know it's a hardtail MTB but other people reading this thread might not know that and they won't bother reading my post. Some more details are necessary really. Groupset, wheels, frame number etc. Post a picture if you have one

OP
OP
D

dazzer0_10

I'm looking for help from any cyclist in Southampton. My 2 month old white and blue Cube Ltd Pro was stolen last night near Sholing station. It is a very distintive bike which stands out. It has white forks and saddle. It was fitted with cats eye lights (single front light and 5 LED rear). I don't hold out much hope of ever seeing it again, but if anyone spots one out and about in mint condition can you drop me an e-mail. Much appreciated.

Cheers for the help
tundragumski
Sorry, image of the bike attached. The tyres are very noticeable as well with the white stripes on them.
Cheers Daz

CATEYE UNO+TL-LD610 BIKE LIGHT SET fitted (both have white body's)

Bike spec

CUBE LTD Pro white metal blue

Frame: System: Hardtail
Material: 7005 Aluminium
further specifications: Double Butted
Fork: System: suspension fork
Travel: 100 - 100
Brand: Manitou
Type: Minute LTD, Air Assist, Remote-Lockout
Gear set: Gear type: derailleur gears
Gear No.: 27
Brand: Shimano
Type: Deore XT
Derailleur: Version: triple
Brand: Shimano
Type: SLX
Gear lever: Brand: Shimano
Type: Deore
Chainset: Brand: Shimano
Type: FC-M442 Octalink
Translation sheet 1: 22
Ration chainring 2: 32
Ration chainring 3: 44
nner bearing: Brand: Shimano
Type: BB-ES25
System: Cartridge
Chainset: Brand: Shimano
Type: CN-HG 53
Cassette: Brand: Shimano
Type: HG 50
Ration chainring: 11 - 32
Front brakes: Brand: Hayes
Type: Stroker Ryde
System: hydraulic disc brake
disc diameter: 180
Rear brakes: Brand: Hayes
System: hydraulic disc brake
disc diameter: 160
Brake lever: Brand: Hayes
Handlebars: Brand: Easton
Type: EA30, Lowriser, Oversized
System: Rise Bar
Material: Alu
Stem: Brand: Easton
Type: EA30 Oversized
System: A-Head
Grips: Cube Double Duometer
Head Set: FSA No.10, semi-integrated
Saddle: Selle Italia Q-BLK
Saddle pin: System: patented supports
Diameter: 31.6
Type: Easton EA30
Front hub: Brand: Shimano
Type: Deore Disc HB-M525
Rear hub: Brand: Shimano
Type: Deore Disc FH-M525
Rims: Brand: RFR
Type: ZX24
Material: Aluminium
System: hollow chamber
Size: 26
Spokes: Mach 1 18/0 Stainless 2.0
Front tyres: Brand: Schwalbe
Type: Nobby Nic Performance
Tire width: 2.25
Rear tyres: Brand: Schwalbe
Type: Racing Ralph Performance
Tire width: 2.25
Pedals: Fasten Alu
others: frame with RFR-geometry

Model year: 2010

Attachments

• cube-ltd-pro-white-metal-blue-23295838.jpeg
    cube-ltd-pro-white-metal-blue-23295838.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 947
Sorry to hear about your loss, especially as that looks like such a great bike. I will keep an eye out for it and let others know, although I'm on the otherside of the itchen.

Be sure to keep checking gumtree/ebay/ad trader/ etc.

Have you reported it to the police? Perhaps a silly question but there if it was stolen near the station it's possible they may have some cctv footage.

OP
OP
D

dazzer0_10

Sorry to hear about your loss, especially as that looks like such a great bike. I will keep an eye out for it and let others know, although I'm on the otherside of the itchen.

Be sure to keep checking gumtree/ebay/ad trader/ etc.

Have you reported it to the police? Perhaps a silly question but there if it was stolen near the station it's possible they may have some cctv footage.

Cheers Riverman, I appreciate the help and advice.
I'm watching ebay, gumtree etc, like a hawk.
The police have checked cctv and none in the area point the way of my stolen bike, unfortunately.
I have a suspicion that whatever piece of low life scum that stole my bike, may live in the Thornhill area, it just a hunch I have. There was a young lad (aged around 17-25, approximately) waiting at the bus stop opposite from where I locked my bike up. All the buses at that stop head to Thornhill (no offence intended to anyone who lives in Thornhill ).
I was also thinking about putting up a reward for information and location of my bike. What do other people think? I would be very interested in your views. I was going to canvas the local area and hand out flyers to some of the local lads on bikes. I was thinking £50 for information leading to the location of the bike and another £50 if I managed to get the bike back from this information.
Maybe in time I will forget about the bike, but at the moment it is constantly on my mind.

Cheers Daz

Hey,

Here's an idea, why not go round all the local FE Colleges/Secondary schools, look for the bike and give the teachers a description. It could be a little scrote and will stick out like a sore thumb if he's been taking it to college.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have a Cube Ltd Pro and the thought of loosing it scares me. A friend of mine had some luck recently. A thief riding away on his bike was knocked down by someone who just drove off!! Luckily the bike required only a replacement front wheel.
(Sorry a Team Ltd)

Top Bottom