Curious about this Carlton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SV980

SV980

Regular
The 1970 Sun Scirocco I am slowly restoring had plastic push-in U cable clips, unfortunately years of sunlight has made them brittle So I will have to either machine some new or get them 3D printed.
Hi that is interesting to know !
Any pictures of fittings ?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The 1970 Sun Scirocco I am slowly restoring had plastic push-in U cable clips, unfortunately years of sunlight has made them brittle So I will have to either machine some new or get them 3D printed.
Why not use new steel ones that look much better and will last for years

Hi that is interesting to know !
Any pictures of fittings ?

No pictures, sorry, they went the way of all plastic when I tried to lever them out.

Why not use new steel ones that look much better and will last for years

If I go down the machining route I may well use metal.
On the other hand, thinking about it, sparkies use cable clips. I’ll ask my tame one If he has anything suitable.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
No pictures, sorry, they went the way of all plastic when I tried to lever them out.

On the other hand, thinking about it, sparkies use cable clips. I’ll ask my tame one If he has anything suitable.
You might have better luck trying Automotive suppliers
1636566543886.png

OP
OP
SV980

SV980

Regular

1636593558038.png

Saw these while hunting about for odd stuff a while back . Apparently from the 1960s for a Moulton .
Might work ?

Top Bottom