Curtains, blinds, etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Just had our windows redone, and trying to work out what to do here:

IMG_20240304_070755_001.jpg

IMG_20240304_070758_723.jpg

As you can see, it is a bay window, but with 90° corners and short sides. We also use it for drying in winter with a bar above the radiator.

We removed a rather shabby curtain rail, holding up some threadbare curtains that could be on the third or fourth use.

The critical parameter is that they cannot go across and cut off the bay. But what is best? Thinking about blinds, but the short ones would be so small as to be more of an annoyance.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Couldn't flexible runners follow the line of the bay?

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Unless you want really small (and funny) blinds to do those odd bits on the side I'd put a single blind across, cutting off some of the window. I'd set it back just on the inside edge of the small windows.

That's exactly what we want to avoid, given the radiator position (under the window, therefore warming up the gap between the window and curtain), and also in the way of the drying rail.

That's exactly what we want to avoid, given the radiator position (under the window, therefore warming up the gap between the window and curtain), and also in the way of the drying rail.

Try an angle with two blinds? They'll still be postitioned where I said on the outside edge but meet in the middle closest to the window.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We had vertical blinds fitted to our bay windows......the shape was not as 'severe' as yours but the do follow the shape very well.
Personally I would stay clear of venetian blinds as they are dust traps.

Top Bottom