Custom Decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
try a local motor suppliers. one near me (thompsons in macclesfield) will do decals from eps files. i'm sure you can probably find someone closer, but if not pm me and i'll find their phone number for you.

OP
OP
S

srmex

Thanks alec, i'll have a look and make some calls. I love this forum, its so hard to find answers on google but someone here always knows!

zacklaws

Guru
You can actually make your own by buying the paper itself. It comes in two different forms, clear and white. White is the best as your printer cannot print that colour. Also you need the type that matches your printer, inkjet or laser. If you use a inkjet you need to varnish the decal to seal the ink before you apply water to it before fixing it to whatever you are applying it to.

To date I have not done it myself as it is a long term project to do so only have researched into it at the moment. Ebay usually has the paper up for sale and there is a few websites around on how to do it.

kyuss

Veteran
If you're doing anything bigger than just a small logo or headtube badge then I'd seriously consider getting vinyl cut instead of using decals. Decals are fiddly to apply when they are big and they're pretty delicate too, so unless you're clearcoating the frame after applying them you might find a thin vinyl would be harder wearing. Any signwriters can do them if you supply them with an eps.

keithyboy

It's a car forum but have a look here and tell her keithyboy sent you:

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=pfsw&action=display&thread=53952

An example of her work:

DSCN3858.jpg

Top Bottom