CX races to watch in the UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Over the festive period I got quite into watching the CX races from the Netherlands and Belgium. They looked like quite fun things to attend as a spectator.

Do such races happen over here, in a similar vein? I’ve tried searching but generally find club CX races to enter rather than spectator events.

At the club CX races you can usually just turn up and spectate. I am helping out at one this weekend where we expect a couple of hundred competitors of all ages and spectators are welcome. Don't forget to take your cowbell with you!

OP
OP
figbat

figbat

Slippery scientist
Thanks, I might check out what’s local. I just like the idea of seeing the likes of MVDP and FVE etc plying their trade with a big, enthusiastic crowd and a beer in my hand!

Having raced at regional level in the past for a few years, you may get a cup of tea but no beer unless you take your own. Also the spectators are likely to be just friends and family and the odd dog walker who has stumbled across it who usually applaud politely. I used to take my daughter racing in Belgium and it was like a carnival, a fair, beer tents etc in the uk more like a very very small village fete with tea and buns.

Jameshow

Veteran
Thanks, I might check out what’s local. I just like the idea of seeing the likes of MVDP and FVE etc plying their trade with a big, enthusiastic crowd and a beer in my hand!

Prob not in UK!
Must get a bit boring MVP winning every race!
But pidcock and wva falling off might add excitement!!!

Top Bottom