cycing trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boothy

I'm sorted for my commute; shorts if it's warm, thermal leggings if it's cold, but my issue comes if I go out with the family at the weekend - wife and two toddlers on the 'over the rear wheel' seats.

It's usually summer so shorts are great for the cycle, but then we stop at a park or a beer garden and it's too cold. Don't want to wear leggings as i'll look a tool in the pub. Any suggestions as to if there are any normal cycling trousers out there that I could wear to cycle in, but don't look out of place in a beer garden? All I seem to be able to find are tights, or waterproof over trousers!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've got a pair of these Endura Firefly

They're nice practical trousers and also comfortable for riding (big elasticated area above the arse, so no builder's bum, reinforced saddle area).

The only problem is that the Velcro strap thing on the ankle, which should be a sort of built in cycle clip doesn't really work, so you have to tuck them into your socks.

"Velcro hem adjusters help save the trouser cuffs from getting chewed by the chain." No they don't.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Rutland cycling have Union34 trousers much in the same style as the M&S ones.

You have to buy a leg length longer than you would normally use though as they do shrink quite a bit in their first couple of washes. I have a couple of pairs too short to get away with now.

Top Bottom