Cycle Chat bike NOW SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Due to a house move (hopefully) & downsizing i need N -3 :sad:
I'm wanting to find a new home for my cycle chat bike.
I'm not certain what the bike was originally, as when I bought it, it had already had a make over? When restoring it a few years ago, the only clue was the cable guide under the bottom bracket, which was a raleigh, so i'm guessing it was an old Raleigh racer.
I had the frame blasted & powder coated in white, but there are now various light surface rust marks appearing, so depending how fussy you are, might want to refurb the frame again?
The frame measures 25" from centre of BB to top of seat tube.
It has Shimano 105 gears, Weinman 605 brakes which were on when i bought the bike.
I replaced the bottom bracket with a new sealed unit, so that is fine.
Vinyl Cycle Chat logos on the frame, are the old forum style graphics along with my user name running along the toptube ^_^
BBB orange bottle cage fitted
Shimano orange SPD SL 'Rabobank' pedals
The front tyre is an orange Continental Attack Grand Prix 22mm
The rear tyre is a blue Schwalbe Blizzard Sport 23mm
After refurbing it I only rode it on 2 or 3 forum rides, so there is very little wear to the tyres.

Not sure what its worth to anyone, I know I wont get back what I spent, just dont tell the wife :laugh:
if you are interested, make me an offer, otherwise it'll be on ebay in a couple of weeks.

13935789884_dd7db4a593_m.jpg
More photos at https://www.flickr.com/photos/50762220@N05/sets/72157644093372691/

Steven martin

I have some of the kids Easter eggs... Fair swap?

Please don't tell the kids, I'm gonna tell them the wife ate them...

S

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My neighbour's tall son's after one for his uni time in York but I'm guessing (and would agree) that you'd prefer it to go to a CC member?

It doesnt look like any CC members want to make an offer :sad: So any offers welcome before it goes on the bay :cursing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom