Cycle computer and HRM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jim_Noir

I bought a cycle computer from Tesco, works a treat. However, today I thought I'd try my HRM on the bike to see what it goes to on a cycle (I only use the HRM for sprint running to see how quick I can get my heart rate back down). However the cycle computer picks up the HRM signal and thinks I am going faster than I am, at one point it thought I was doing 78.2 MPH at a set of lights. I am tempted to buy one of the GPS/HRM, anyone use these?

jpatterson

Things like the garmin forerunner are very cheap and effective now. Plus you get to plot your route afterwards and you can drop new routes in from google earth and follow them on the fly. not with maps but with arrows which are good enough as long as you dont stray too far from them.

Will1985

Über Member
Use a wired computer to avoid interference? If you want a combined unit, how about a Polar CS100? You would still need your HRM for running though. It is also much cheaper than an FR205 which is now in clearance mode, although the advantage of the Garmins is that you can run with them too.

Top Bottom