Cycle computer for Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
So my colleague has finally taken delivery of her new Pinarello but it has the Fulcrum Zero Wheels with the flat red spokes (technical term) so her cycle computer (cateye) magnet wont fit.

Is there a different brand of computer that has a more versatile magnet to attach to the spokes?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Magnets is magnets Wigsie.

She should buy the computer that does what she wants it to, and then buy a magnet for bladed spokes. I use the Mavic "universal" magnet on the aero spokes on my Aksiums with a Sigma BC-1606 computer.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Wigsie said:
So my colleague has finally taken delivery of her new Pinarello but it has the Fulcrum Zero Wheels with the flat red spokes (technical term) so her cycle computer (cateye) magnet wont fit.

Is there a different brand of computer that has a more versatile magnet to attach to the spokes?
Offer to swap your wheels for hers to avoid any further unnecessary expenditure. Tell her that "You're just that kind of selfless guy". :smile:;)

iLB

Hello there
yer garmin 705 with cadence and HRM, might as well get a powertap hub whilst she's in to spending all this cash :laugh:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Thanks fo the tips... think she is watching the pennies now, as I have just 'modified' a magnet with a round groove to fit the bladed spoke!

The things we do in our office to waste time!

iLB

Hello there
photo shoot?

iLB

Hello there
Wigsie said:
Going for a ride in a sec so will get the cam out! Captain impatient! :laugh:

going for a ride, when your meant to be at work? :tongue:
you may just have the perfect boss... :wacko:

Chrisz

Über Member
I just got my Racing Zeros (they are currently sat under my desk waiting for me to hot-foot it home:smile:) - they came with special magnets/holders. I won't use them but if they are of any use to you PM me :laugh:

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Ok putting pics on your ping thread in cafe for you ilovebikes... my boss is on the trek, he comes for the rides too most days, so yeah he is pretty cool! ha ha

Top Bottom