Cycle Computers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
Decathlon.

Highly reliable. Wonderfully cheap.

Cranky

From personal experience I'd recommend one with a resettable odometer. My ones reset to zero when batteries are changed.

jimboalee

If your 'distance' ride is from London to Devon, you'd be best to get a computer that shows you a map of where you are and which way to go.:tongue:
And has little symbols for supermarkets and pharmacies.

mondobongo

Über Member
I have had a Sigma BC 1106 for over a year now and had no problems just had its first battery change. Its cordless and have not suffered with interference.
Has the following features Ride Time, Distance, Average Speed, Max Speed, Clock, Total Time Riding and Total Odo.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cheap wired ones seem to be okay, but I'd stay well clear of cheap wireless ones :smile: I currently have 3 cheap wired ones & all are fine (tescos, aldi & halfrauds)

dubman

Guru
Cranky said:
From personal experience I'd recommend one with a resettable odometer. My ones reset to zero when batteries are changed.

can you actually get them with resettable odometer ? never seen one before and would like this function.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Cranky said:
Most of them nowadays have a facility to enter your mileage/kilometreage after zero-ing for a battery change - provided you remembered to make a note of the reading before opening ...... :laugh:

The main starting point is to establish what functions you need (eg. current speed, trip mileage, odo, clock time, trip time, avg speed), then the nice-but-not-essential (eg. faster/slower than avg speed, cadence, altitude, calories burned [yeah, right !], power, etc. Then look at threads on here for computers and weigh the evidence yourself.

Useful that Christmas is a-comin' too ! :biggrin::biggrin:
Garmin Edge 705, anyone ???

zacklaws

Guru
I use a VDO C4, which has all the normal functions but it is the "forecast" function which I find the most usefull. I simply input a time into the computer and based on the average speed will tell me how far I will travel in that time. In conjunction I use a Edge 305 for most other readouts.

The time I input is normally the fastest time of one of my routes and then by seeing what is on the "forecast" readout I know if I am going to beat my record for that route, if not I speed up.

The only problem I have had with it is the part which mounts it to the holder broke somehow. But as I am that impressed by it I have bought another. If this one breaks then I shall have to look around for another make which has this "forecast" function. So far I have not seen one.

Top Bottom