Cycle Friendly Hotels in Paris and Rouen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
We stayed with laden tourers at an IBIS about 100 metres from the Gare du Nord in Paris - no problem with bikes in the rooms (although the lift was a bit of a squeeze) - and the year before that at a Kyriad near Montparnasse.

From experience any Accor group (F1, IBIS in various guises, Novotel etc) hotel is pretty relaxed about bikes in rooms - or will have secure storage (possibly in its "salle de reunion" (Function room)

The secret of course is not to ask but to assume and wheel your bike to the lift after check-in!

Rob

Tim Hall

When I cycled to Paris with the @dellzeqq crew in 2014, I stayed in a wonder of faded grandeur not too far from the restaurant we all ended up in and close-ish to the Louvre and all that end of things. I'd got a French colleague to do useful stuff like checking about taking a bike in before hand, so that was all fixed. When I got there I wheeled my bike into the reception without an eyelid being batted. Bike storage consisted of wheeling the bike through the dining room full of bemused American school children and opening a ramshackle door to a covered passageway. I've got the details at home, so will try to remember to dig them out this evening. Meanwhile, here's a photo of the Magenta Mercian in the hotel reception:
yJnwjHzmXx0r8DQ13FBw3XFeh0ogEqtx8u71oB9_P49thw19vN-NeOqb3Ifz7KT3xiSaIWjKt3rBNyJ_0FD=w997-h667-no.jpg

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Mercure (also part of the Accor group, but more your style) will let you take the bike in to your room. Strange to say the superduper top of the range Accor hotel range is not so accommodating.

Crowne Plaza in Place de Republique are the same, but a bit overpriced.

Tim Hall

Sounds fab Tim. I quite like hotels with 'faded grandeur'... I once stayed in a hotel in Montmartre which looked as though it hadn't been redecorated since it was used as a knocking shop by occupying troops in WW2 - but it had a real charm.
And while I'm digging that up, @frank9755 and his lovely wife stayed in some kind of apartment a couple of streets along. It did have a bit of dodgy lock, which took a bit of BF&I supplied by yours truly before they could get back in though...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
There's an ibis very near the Eiffel Tower which has a basement garage. It has tiny bedrooms, and only double beds - which slightly alarmed some of my colleagues when they discovered they'd have to share with a colleague. In the meantime I checked into the Mercure near the Gare du Nord so that I could get the early morning train, and left them to it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Are the children beautiful?
We're an old-fashioned enough company that we'd rather ask men to share bedrooms, and assume they're like Morecambe and Wise, than risk children.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I haven't yet found a French hotel that wasn't helpful with bikes. The best was a moderately grand place on the way back to Le Havre where the porter came out, relieved me of my bike and took it to the garage.

Tim Hall

Sounds fab Tim. I quite like hotels with 'faded grandeur'... I once stayed in a hotel in Montmartre which looked as though it hadn't been redecorated since it was used as a knocking shop by occupying troops in WW2 - but it had a real charm.
Delving into the dusty electronic archives reveals it was Hotel Bellevue et du Chariot D'or in the Rue de Turbigo. 79 Euro the night, not including breakfast.

Top Bottom