Cycle guides for Brizzle and Glasgow - LEJOG 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emily F

Hi there,
I am doing LEJOG with a self-organised group of 8 riders this June over 10 days, and we are looking for a cyclist (or cyclists) from Bristol and Glasgow to help us through these notoriously trciky parts of the route.

We will be coming into Bristol on the 15th June, staying at the YHA and heading out on 16th. Glasgow we will arrive on 19th June and leave on 20th, again staying at the SYHA.

If there is anyone out there who might be able to guide us through these two cities, it would be very much appreciated! Thanks

Emily F

berty bassett

Legendary Member
we stayed in chepstow after riding through bristol - the cycle path was a bit tricky to find but not the hardest part of entire journey and we by passed glasgow and went on Arran what was one of best moves we made - if you want gpx files i have them somewhere . if you have already booked your stops then i am sorry to have wasted your time :smile: have a good trip

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Err what route were you thinking about taking on the 16th .... the Portway could be an interesting route :laugh: It will be car free (for the first few miles, then one large lane as far as the M5 bridge), though slightly busy with bikes - you would want a fairly early start at there will be crowds down near the YHA that morning or come along and join in the atmosphere. Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride! The ride you would probably want to avoid would be the family one which is very busy with lots of children but it sets off last (10:30 am). It sets off from the square across the bridge from the YHA.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Those are weekdays, so work probably means I won't be able to ride along with you.

I'll be happy to provide tips on routes though - both in advance and perhaps in the evening when you're here (plenty of good pubs near the SYHA...)

Top Bottom