Cycle Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bluenite

no just as long as it is locked to an immovable object.

so basically chained to something and secured with a lock. they also cover it in use just not for racing, pacemaking or time trials! will be calling them to make sure its covered on my charity ride in may though

Thank you. I called my insurance company to see if they could offer me the same sort of deal.
For an extra three pounds a month my new bike is coverd with the same offer your company gives you, wich is good.
Thanks for your help, i would never have known to ask them if they coverd bikes above there standerd limit.
Cakes on me :smile:

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Thank you. I called my insurance company to see if they could offer me the same sort of deal.
For an extra three pounds a month my new bike is coverd with the same offer your company gives you, wich is good.
Thanks for your help, i would never have known to ask them if they coverd bikes above there standerd limit.
No Worries, glad i could help! (makes a change!! lol)

I<SNIP>
Suggestions and recommendations please!

Brief summary from my other thread is:

I added it to Halifax home insurance as a 'named item' for £1k cover, inc accesories (even when in my bag and not on bike) for £3 p/month. I am covered for damage whilst using it (e.g. accident) and for theft if locked to immoveable object (no specific lock requirement)

I have seperate British Cycling public liability insurance as part of my membership

Norm

As you asked, I'm with LV but I see you're already sorted.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
M&S are very good. I forget the exact amount but the Home Contents will cover you up to £2500 - 3000 PER bike at home and on the road for theft etc. M&S don't require you to inform them of the bikes.

I worry about cycle specific companies which are very expensive, 10% of bike value, and I suspect would be awkward with a claim.

Being a CTC member then covers all the other bases.

Top Bottom