Cycle journal started

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Was browsing in a well known bookstore the other day and happened upon a smart looking cycle journal (one to be filled in, not a written one). So I thought why not? I am relatively new to this wonderful thing that is cycling so can remember all my major milestones to date and Garmin now is logging all ride data, therefore I can just record in written format distances, dates of events, funnies and not so funnies that happened etc. I just think passing on a hand written journal with this type of info plus stuff like important sales receipts and pictures would be a nice thing to do, capturing a piece of social history. Of course it may be (and probably will be) that no one will every read it.

I have also included my log on data to get into my Garmin connect account so as long as that stays in existance future generations can go see my ride maps and data.

I have completed the retrospective bit from starting with my hybrid up until getting my Cross Check. From here it will be a simple five min job after a ride. Never done anything like this. Must be a sign of getting older.

Thats really nice, i have dont the family history (though not much documentation) but its there for future generations, if they want it.

Davos87

Guru
Think that a cracking idea. Might have a go at that myself. Did quite a lot of riding last year with a good pal and we had some smashing days out. On relection it would have been nice to record, maybe just a paragraph or so, of where we cycled to, distance, pubs we stopped at, weather etc etc. Create something that I can look back on in future years, reminisce and maybe give m the odd chuckle.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I have done blogs when I've done major trips (like LeJOG) and also have a blog (see link in my signature) which I complete when the mood takes me. I keep factual records in a spreadsheet.

It is good to look back over the blogs from time to time - plus online, they have pics to go with it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That's a good thing to do.

I have a similar thing going re my climbs/hikes in the mountains.

I record which routes/peaks I have been on, plus who with and a few salient points from the day.

Goes back four decades.

Stick with it!

Top Bottom