Cycle King - Croydon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I was looking up an address on Brighton Road and saw this huge show. Is it worth 20 minutes of my time looking round ?

Wooliferkins

Google them and look at the stock. A lot of BSOs and stack em high flog em cheap

buddha

Veteran
Wooliferkins said:
Google them and look at the stock. A lot of BSOs and stack em high flog em cheap
+1
I go past there regularly (inc. yesterday). The grubby single-speed hack I was on was miles better than anything in there;)

edit: you do know that gbcycles is a minute up the road, and bikeplus a minute back?

redjedi

Über Member
+2

They tend to cover all the cheaper/no-brand cycles and accessories.

Not worth the visit, doubt there's any eyecandy.

PK99

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
I was looking up an address on Brighton Road and saw this huge show. Is it worth 20 minutes of my time looking round ?

No, but bike plus just up the road on the other side is!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I used to go there as a kid, and although a lot of BSO's on there website. SOME of there stock speaks differently and the service is fantastic. but if your in croydon, Evans in west croydon is very good. but if you want real service, then Georffy butler just down the road towards croydon is amazing for road bikes, and bike plus the other way towards purely is best for hybrids and mountain bikes.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
totallyfixed said:
Quite possible the worst "bike" shop on the planet.
Nick Thake, the owner of Cycle King, and Hawk Cycles focuses on the budget end of the market.

Financially he is probably the most successful man in the cycle trade, he makes most of his own bikes, is his own wholesaler and retailer, so in effect he makes them, distributes them and sells them. If I’m correct, most if not all his 28 outlets across England are freehold and paid for, as are his warehouses and factories, I have been to one of his warehouses, his stock holding is absolutely huge, it needs to be as he sells in huge quantities.

You will be amazed how many bikes stores who focus on that market sell, Halfords are the same, on one level I have to take my hat off to them

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

Top Bottom