Cycle Promotions - One day sale events..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anybody been to any of them? Any good? There is one in Preston on Saturday, so I'm off to have a look - could do with a pair of new shoes, my soles seem to be going a bit soft. Are they really cheaper than online?

stephec

Legendary Member
I got a pair of shoes from the Preston sale last year, they do some at good prices if you're prepared to rummage throughg the crap.

The sales are good for brake blocks and cables, but the top end components don't seem to be any cheaper. Even the bottles of SIS powders were dearer than my LBS, Geoff Smiths on St Helens Road in Bolton. Top shop, mind you he's cheaper than almost anyone I know for quite a lot of stuff.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
It's a bit like TK Maxx. You can get some good bargains, but you do need to sort through it all to find them.
Then there's the Ikea aspect, where you can't possibly leave without buying 3 cans of GT85, 3 spare chains and a huge bag of tealights.

yello

They are definitely worth a look. You can pick up some decently priced, good quality stuff but there is a lot of tat too. My 'need to buy' was always sated by inner tubes and such like though I did once pick up an Altura Nevis jacket for £30.

Dave5N

Über Member
Oh I don't buy anything that substantial. Just lots of wires and tons of GT85.

To be honest, I don't really need it, but I spray loads and loads on my chain to annoy the Know-alls in Know-how.

Oh, and it fecks up the environment as well, which not only pisses off/enthuses (aacording to political persuasion) the bores in P & L; it also makes the planet hotter. In my book, that's a better summer.

I'm lovin' it!

stephec

Legendary Member
Gerry Attrick said:
IME the best bargains at their sales are to be had in clothing. They generally have a good range of Pearl Izumi stuff at very good prices. Also, they have a good range of sizes, more than the average LBS which is good for large or small carcasses.

Have you ever bought anything from the £5 rail though? :sad:

Top Bottom